Lemon Essential Oil
Frankincense has earned its title as “The King of Oils” because of its versatility.
When used topically, frankincense touts powerful anti-aging properties. It promotes cellular function and the appearance of healthy-looking skin, evening out skin tone, and minimizing blemishes. It instills peace in the mind and is particularly useful for promoting feelings of balance, relaxation, and overall wellness.
Botanical name: Boswellia Serrata
Country of Origin: Somalia
Plant Part: Resin
Size: 10 ml
- Anti-inflammatory properties
How to use: As mentioned in the bible Frankincense was once considered more valuable than gold. Frankincense and Myrrh were both given to Jesus at the time of his birth as it was considered a symbol of holiness and righteousness!
- Diffuser: Add 4-6 drops of Frankincense essential oil to a diffuser to help balance emotions, lessen loneliness and grief
- Relaxation: Add 1-2 drops of frankincense essential oil to 1 tsp of carrier oil and massage neck and temples. It’s great to use after a busy day.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car, or anytime you need a quick break.
- Brighten your skin: Add about 10 drops of Frankincense essential oil to 1 oz of your favorite moisturizer (along with 5 drops of Lavender). It helps to improve the tone and texture of the skin.
- Steam Treatment: For the face and respiratory system, add 1 drop of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Caution - due to risk of burns or scalding, keep eyes covered during treatment.
- Boost your Mood: If you feel overwhelmed or out of sorts just apply 1-2 drops of Frankincense essential oil to your wrists and neck.
Blends well with other essential oils such as Lavender, Mandarin, ylang-ylang, eucalyptus, bergamot, Cedarwood, Lemon, & Tea tree.
Warning: Use during pregnancy with caution.
For external use only. Dilute before use. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. These safety guidelines are not a complete safety reference for the proper use of essential oils. When in doubt, consult your physician and/or a qualified and trained aromatherapy practitioner
Frankincense is a great essential oil for children to help with calming & settling, grounding when overexcited, and supporting the immune system.
Essential oils are considered too strong for use on babies’ skin (0-24 months) and can be overwhelming on their developing systems. When using a diffuser, use fewer drops than that for an adult (eg. 2-3 drops).
Use this oil with caution around pets, never use it topically and store bottles out of reach.Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.